Is it Worth Your Life?

Is it Worth Your Life?


Today we live in a world of compromise. It’s our way of making exceptions or accommodating for others who do not agree with a prevalent set of rules and standards.
Everyday the question is asked of those that are followers of Christ, “Does it really take all that?” and the “all that” they are referring to is living a certain way, giving up certain things, not compromising their walk anymore. In their minds it’s like why can’t you still listen to certain music? Why can’t you curse? All the things a believer has been saved or delivered  from is now being questioned as to why they can’t do them any longer.
It’s because now one lives by a set of Biblical standards and rules governed by God. Things I use to do I should have a desire not to do them anymore. Things that were against the teachings of God’s word. That were put in place to help me live a life pleasing to Him. 
When it comes to God and His standards, the Bible makes it clear that His standards will not be compromised: Psalm 119:1-4 says, “Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the LORD. Joyful are those who obey His laws and search for Him with all their hearts. They do not compromise with evil, and they walk in His path only. You have charged us to keep Your commandments carefully.”
People of righteousness are described by the words joyful or blessed. It’s those who are without a doubt wholeheartedly devoted and subservient to God’s will and in their relationship to Him. Those that “walk in His path only and will not deviate or will not compromise His standards. People that are righteousness only hear the voice of God:
  • 1 Kings 18:21 And Elijah came to all the people, and said, “How long will you falter between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow Him; but if Baal, follow him.” But the people answered him not a word.
  • John 8:47 “He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.” 
  • John 10:27 “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.”
People of righteousness do not permit or yield to any deviation from His Word: 
  • Deuteronomy 4:2 You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.
  • Psalm 119:128 Therefore all Your precepts concerning all things I consider to be right; I hate every false way.
  • Revelation 22:18-19 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Regardless of the world’s concession to ungodliness, for you to not to compromise requires an unswerving submission to Him and to Him alone:
  • Joshua 24:15 “And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
  • Psalm 119:10 “With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!”
  • Psalm 119:15 “I will meditate on Your precepts, And contemplate Your ways.”

Today in many churches, there are those being captivated through hollow and deceptive philosophy. And as believers as Paul wrote in Colossians 2:8, we must “Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ” and in Hebrews 3:12 “Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God;”  Peter said to be “prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you …” (1 Peter 3:15). In other words, Peter is commanding us to not only to remain faithful to the Word but we are to defend the Word as well as correct those who are in opposition to it 2 Timothy 2:24-25 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth. 
There is no question how serious God is when it comes to us compromising His Word with the values of the world. Why? So that those that are not believers or followers of Christ may then “they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will” (2 Timothy 2:26).
I see a great deal of people who profess to be a Christian, yet live their lives not keeping their vows to God and with the precepts of Scripture, in other words, they are compromising their biblical beliefs that God’s word is true, by still living like as the world does. To me, and this is just me, that the sensual allurements of the world takes precedence over the Word of God and all that it stands for being drawn away from the truth Acts 20:30 “Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves.”  1 John 2:16-19 For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. 17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever. 18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.  19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.
Jesus warns us in Mark 4:18-19 who these people are, “Now these are the ones sown among thorns; they are the ones who hear the word, 19 And the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.” These are the ones who, though professing to follow Christ, compromise their faith by craving worldly success and accolades from their fellow man. 
When we start compromising our life, in what we are doing, it is rationalizing a behavior that is really questionable, and Jesus chastised such people, “How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?” (John 5:41-44). So, when compromise in our allegiance and devotion to God it is in fact allowing the allurements of this world, along with its accompanying worries, and when we do that it actually takes precedence over Christ, Matthew 6:24 “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.”
How do we compromise God’s Word?
  1. Failing to accept His Word: (2 Timothy 4:3-4) 3 “For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.” 
  2. Placing our desires, and the desires of others, ahead of God’s: (Acts 5:4) “While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.”
Three very important facts in closing: 
1. God’s Word is inerrant truth (there is no error found in it), and we must accept God’s Word as absolute as true believers and followers of Christ, 2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. 
2. Our obedience to God’s Word must be above reproach because we are commanded to follow Him and in following Him one must be obedient:
  • John 14:15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments;
  • 1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome;
  • 2 John 1:6 This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it. 
3. And for any reason whatsoever, God’s word is not to be compromised for anyone!  
  • Deuteronomy 17:11 According to the sentence of the law in which they instruct you, according to the judgment which they tell you, you shall do; you shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left from the sentence which they pronounce upon you.
  • Proverbs 24:7 Wisdom is too lofty for a fool; He does not open his mouth in the gate.
  • Revelation 3:15 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot.” 
Are you one that compromises your walk with Christ? Have you compromised your faith in God’s Word? Are there things that you do that would question your walk in Christ? Do you allow things to happen to accommodate other people’s desires and not God’s? If you answered any of these questions yes, you are in danger of being separated from God and being separated from God means eternal damnation. Isaiah said it best “But your iniquities have separated you from your God; And your sins have hidden His face from you, So that He will not hear” (Isa. 59:2).
Would you like to stop compromising your walk and live a consistent life in God? He will help you in this process of living a saved life and He will help you in not compromising your walk. Pray this prayer and when you pray believe it in your heart…
Heavenly Father, I come to You admitting that I am a sinner in need of rescuing. Right now, I choose to turn away from my sin and I ask You to cleanse me of all unrighteousness.


I desire to be set free right now. And I ask you to forgive me. I believe that Your Son Christ Jesus died on the cross to take away my sins. I also believe that He rose again from the dead so that I might be forgiven of my sins and made righteous through faith in Him.


I call upon the name of Christ Jesus and confess Him to be my Lord and Savior of my life. Jesus, I choose to follow You and ask You to fill me with the power of the Holy Spirit.


I declare that right now I am a child of God. I believe that you have forgiven me. I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me (Gal. 2:20). I am free from sin and full of the righteousness of God. I am saved in Jesus name. Amen.


If you prayed this prayer to receive Jesus Christ as your Savior, I welcome you to the family of God. From this moment on, start learning how to live a life of faith by finding a good Holy Spirit filled, Bible taught church so that you can grow in your faith as you walk the pathway to Christ. Write to me, share your story of faith, and let me know that you said yes to Jesus. Email me at LifesWordMinistry@gmail.com


I would also like to take this time to say those of you for partnering with us by sowing a financial seed into this ministry regularly. Your generous giving allows us to share the gospel throughout the world. If you’re not a partner and would like to sow into this ministry you can do so by going to PayPal.me/lifeswordministry


To receive a copy of my new book Pathway to Christ you can go to Amazon and purchase it there. Or if you would like a personally autographed copy you can go to PayPal.me/malachi660/12 and you will be put on the list. We will even pay for the shipping. And be sure to subscribe and follow us right here. God Loves You, and I Do Too!

Comments

Popular Posts

Just Say Yes!

The Power of an “I Will” Spirit

Proof You Can Live Forever!