Sex Gone Bad Pt. 2

Sex Gone Bad Pt. 2


What are some of your thoughts on sexual immorality? I had a woman post on one of my pages Sex is good. You should have a lot of sex married or not.” That of course is the opinion of one not understanding what the word of God declares is not acceptable when it comes to marriage and sex.
Let me share a few common objections (misconceptions), I found to God’s commands against sexual immorality:

1. It’s not wrong if we love each other. The Bible makes no distinction between “loving” and “unloving” sexual relations. The only biblical distinction is between married and unmarried people. Sex within marriage is blessed (Genesis 1:28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth”); sex outside of marriage is “fornication” or “sexual immorality” (1 Corinthians 7:2–5 “Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband. 3 Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. 5 Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control”).

2. Times have changed, and what was wrong in biblical times is no longer considered sin. Most of the passages condemning sexual immorality also include evils such as greed, lust, stealing, etc. (1 Corinthians 6:9–10 “Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.”; Galatians 5:19–21Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God”). We seem to have no problem understanding that these other things are still sin. Regardless of the times, God’s character does not change with culture’s opinion (Malachi 3:6 “For I am the Lord, I do not change;”; Numbers 23:19 “God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it?
Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?; Hebrews 13:8 “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever”).

3. We’re married in God’s eyes. People must think God is blind. This argument implies that maybe God is cross-eyed. The fallacy of this idea is that the God who created marriage in the first place would retract His own command to accommodate what He has called sin. God declared marriage to be one man and one woman united for life (Mark 10:6–9 “But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’ 7 ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, 8 and the two shall become one flesh’; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate”). To teach spiritual truth it is often used in the Bible, the imagery of a wedding and a covenant marriage as a metaphor (Matthew 22:2 “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son,”; Revelation 19:9 “And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God”). Regardless of how cleverly we have redefined it God takes marriage very seriously, and His “eyes” see immorality for what it is.

4. I can still have a good relationship with God because He understands. Proverbs 28:9 says, “If one turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination.” We fool ourselves to think that God does not care when we stubbornly choose to sin. In 1 John 2:3–4 it contains a serious challenge for those who persist in this line of thinking: “Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.”

God’s expectation for His children crystal clear in Hebrews 13:4 “Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.” Let’s be clear, it’s funny how all those in the News and in politic say this? But yes, let’s be clear, Sexual immorality is wrong. The blood of Jesus can cleanse us from every type of impurity when we repent and receive His forgiveness (1 John 1:7–9 “But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”). But that cleansing means our old nature, including sexual immorality, is put to death (Romans 6:12–14; 8:13 “Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. 13 And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace”; Romans 8:13 “For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live”). Ephesians 5:3 says, “But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people.”

Are you having issues with sex today? Would you like to be set free from the bondage of immorality? Just by saying yes to Jesus you can be set free. 
Pray this prayer...

Heavenly Father, I come to You admitting that I am a sinner, in need of rescuing from the bondage of sexual immorality. Right now, I chose to turn away from my sin, and I ask You to cleanse me of all unrighteousness. 

I desire to be set free from the chains of sin and walk with You in the freedom of grace. I ask you to forgive me. I believe that Your Son Christ Jesus died on the cross to take away my sins. I also believe that He rose again from the dead so that I might be forgiven of my sins and made righteous through faith in Him.

I call upon the name of Christ Jesus and confess Him to be my Lord and Savior of my life. Jesus, I choose to follow and walk with You and ask You to fill me with the power of the Holy Spirit.

I declare that right now I am a child of God. I believe that you have forgiven me. I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me (Gal. 2:20). I am free from sin and full of the righteousness of God. I am saved in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer to receive Jesus Christ as your Savior, I welcome you to the family of God. From this moment on start learning how to live a life of faith by finding a good Holy Spirit filled, Bible taught church so that you can grow in your faith as you walk the pathway to Christ. Write to me, share your story of faith, and let me know that you said yes to Jesus today. Email me at Life’sWordMinistry@gmail.com. 

I would also like to take this time to say thank those that partner with us by sowing a financial seed into this ministry regularly. Your generous giving allows us to share the gospel throughout the world. If you’re not a partner and would like to sow into this ministry you can do so by going to PayPal.me/lifeswordministry.
You also can pick up a copy of my new book, Pathway to Christ on Amazon. And to receive a personally autographed copy for only $12 and free shipping, you will have to use Cashapp ($MalachiMitch) and PayPal (PayPal.me/malachi660/12). And be sure to subscribe and follow us on LWM Podcast each week. God Loves You, and I Do Too!

Comments

Popular Posts

The Power of an “I Will” Spirit

Just Say Yes!

Proof You Can Live Forever!