Sex Before Marriage: Why Not?

Sex Before Marriage: Why Wait? 


Well, before throwing myself and many others under the bus, why don’t we just see what the Bible have to say about having sex before marriage. When it comes to words used in the Bible that precisely refers to sex before marriage, there isn’t a Hebrew or Greek word to be found.

Adultery and sexual immorality is undeniably condemned in the Bible, but you might asked, “is sex before marriage considered sexually immoral?” Before I answer that in an absolute response, let me say this, I know that many of you reading this may be involved in a relationship that is considered to be unholy, or unrighteous in the eyes of God and the church. 

And what I’m about to share with you is considered to be very old fashioned in today’s millennial driven world in which we live. But it must be that said if one is to live a life that is pleasing to God. To have a life set apart from that of this world, you need to know that you cannot live just any way you want to live and still think that God will be is pleased and will accept you into heaven the day that He ends your existence here on earth.

There is a difference between holy and unholy, clean and unclean, Leviticus 10:10 says, “so that you can distinguish between the holy and the unholy, between the unclean and the clean;” Many of you right now, that are living with someone that is not your spouse, this type of teaching is a bit uncomfortable for you because it shines a light on the dark places in your life. We don’t like people talking about what we know is wrong in our hearts, it makes us feel guilty and the first thing we say is, “don’t judge me” but let me ask you this, is it really judging you for telling you the truth based on God's word?

So, back to the answering the question “is sex before marriage considered sexually immoral?” in an absolute Biblical response, according to 1 Corinthians 7:2, the answer is YES! “But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband.” In this verse, the cure for sexual immorality, Paul states is marriage. 1 Corinthians 7:2 is essentially saying if you can’t control your loinings then you need to get married why? because people cannot control themselves and so many are having immoral sex outside of marriage. By getting married they can fulfill their sexual passions in a moral way. no guilt, no shame.

Sex before marriage is included in the biblical definition of sexual immorality. All of the Bible verses that condemn sexual immorality as being sinful also condemn sex before marriage as sinful, 1 Corinthians 7:2 clearly includes sex before marriage in the definition of sexual immorality. 

There are numerous Scriptures that declare sex before marriage to be a sin, here are a few of them:

People talk about "safe sex" safe sex is putting a ring on her finger. Complete abstinence before marriage is promoted in and by the word God. Sex between a husband and his wife is the only form of sexual relations of which God approves (Hebrews 13:4 “Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous”).

There is another aspect of sex that we need to focus on than the “recreation” aspect of sex and that is the aspect of procreation tied to sex. Sex within marriage is pleasurable, God designed it that way. It is God’s desire that men and women enjoy sexual activity within the confines of marriage. In the book of Song of Solomon, and several other Bible passages clearly describe the pleasure of sex, such as Proverbs 5:19 “a lovely deer, a graceful doe. Let her breasts fill you at all times with delight; be intoxicated always in her love.” However, the couple must understand that God’s intent for sex includes producing children. Therefore, for a couple to engage in sex before marriage is doubly wrong—they are enjoying pleasures not intended for them as singles, and they are taking a chance of creating a human life outside of the family structure God intended for every child.

While practicality does not determine right from wrong, if the Bible's message on sex before marriage were obeyed, there would be far fewer sexually transmitted diseases, far fewer abortions, far fewer unwed mothers and unwanted pregnancies, and far fewer children growing up without both parents in their lives. 

There are way too many young girls getting caught up in the hype of having sex because of the many different angles sex is being introduced to them. YouTube, Netflix, music, their friends, and yes, many of them are being introduced to sex by a family member. Parents, you have to take more of an active role in your child's life than just providing them with the latest iPhone. Out of sight out of mind is never a good parenting practice.

I know and understand that the enemy of God wants all to be deceived into thinking that sex before marriage is right. That’s the fleshly desires that he puts into all of mankind stemming from the original fall of man.

Let me give three books to help you parents and your children in talking about and dealing with the subject of sex by Josh & Dottie McDowell: 
  • Why True Love Waits
  • The Bare Facts: 39 Questions Your Parents Hope You Never Ask About Sex
  • Straight Talk with Your Kids About Sex
Abstinence is God’s only policy when it comes to sex before marriage. Abstinence saves lives, abstinence protects babies, abstinence gives sexual relations the proper value, and, most importantly, abstinence honors God.

So, why is sex before marriage wrong? Because it's not Biblically unacceptable that's why!

Are you tempted to have sex before marriage? Have you already had sex before marriage? Are you currently having sex and you’re not married? Would you like to stop and keep yourself pure until you meet your purpose partner? 

You can be set free today! God wants you to be free from the bondage of sexual immorality. You can stop, you can present yourself to God and be made whole. 

Let me help you in this... Pray this prayer and think about what you are saying. You have to believe in the power of prayer.

Heavenly Father, I come to You admitting that I am a sinner, in need of rescuing. Right now, I chose to turn away from my sin, I want to keep myself and abstain from having sex until marriage, and I ask You to cleanse me of all unrighteousness. 

I desire to be set free right now. I believe that Your Son Christ Jesus died on the cross to take away my sins. I also believe that He rose again from the dead so that I might be forgiven of my sins and made righteous through faith in Him. I call upon the name of Christ Jesus and confess Him to be my Lord and Savior of my life. 

Jesus, I choose to follow You and ask You to fill me with the power of the Holy Spirit. I declare that right now I am a child of God. I am free from sin and full of the righteousness of God. I believe that I am saved in Jesus name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer to receive Jesus Christ as your Savior I welcome you to the family of God. From this moment on strive to live a life of love pleasing to Him. Comment below or write to me and share your story of faith, and let me know that you said yes to Jesus you can email me at LifesWordMinistry@gmail.com. 

One of the most important steps in your walk is to find a good holy spirit filled bible teaching church so that you can grow in your faith. Be sure to pick up a copy of my new book Pathway to Christ.


Comments

Popular Posts

The Power of an “I Will” Spirit

Just Say Yes!

Step up and Step Out!